Exhibition Hall, Australia House London WC2B 4LA
Wednesday 30th November 2022
Featuring Tait Awardees from Australia & New Zealand
Tait Turns Thirty
On Wednesday 30th November The Tait Memorial Trust is celebrating its 30th Birthday in Cabaret-Style!
By the kind permission and support of the Acting Australian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Lynette Wood, we will hold a special event to where the Tait Trust all began, the beautiful Exhibition Hall at Australia House. Our guests will be seated in cabaret style at tables of 4 surrounding a specially constructed stage for the occasion. It will be an event not to be missed.
We are grateful for the generous assistance of the following:
- NSW Agent General to the UK, Stephen Cartwright for sponsoring the fine wines from NSW which you will be enjoying on the night.
- James Stevens, Founder & CEO of Mr Roses for generously supplying his exquisite roses for our artist bouquets.
- Mashoom Tait and the Director’s of Bird in Hand Wine from SA are supplying their delicious Sparkling. A warm thank you to Laura Dawson and Karen Makepeace at the South Australian Agent General’s office for helping us to connect with Bird in Hand. See below for their offer to our Friends.
- Sandra de Monte, Founder & Director, Mindberry for sponsoring the specially constructed stage for the concert.
- Nicholas Heesom, Trustee of VEC Acorn Trust for sponsoring the piano.
- Mrs Elspeth Turner-Laing and other generous sponsors for providing the financial support to make this evening possible.
We will celebrate with performances from our awardees, past and present, in an exciting programme devised by our Artistic Directors Chad Vindin and Ross Alley. Renowned Australian pianist and our beloved Patron Piers Lane AO, will play for us; Naxos recording artist, Rosemary Tuck, a champion of William Wallace (our favourite Irish-Australian composer from Waterford who founded Sydney’s first Music School, known as the Australian Paganini) will play his Fantasie Variations on the Last Rose of Summer with Tait Awardee, Claudia Tarrant-Matthews; and a super surprise tap show by the incredible Principal Dancer of The Royal Ballet, Steven McRae…and our first awardee, Liane Keegan, dramatic contralto will appear via video from Melbourne…and much more.
We thank the following artists who will be appearing for us:
Piers Lane AO, piano (NSW)
Rosemary Tuck, piano (NSW)
Steven McRae, ballet (NSW)
Liane Keegan, dramatic contralto (VIC)
Chad Vindin, piano (NSW)
Samantha Crawford, soprano (NSW)
Claudia Tarrant-Matthews, violin (NZ)
Magdalenna Krstevska, clarinet (VIC)
James Blackford, euphonium (QLD)
Sky Ingram, soprano (SA)
Emily Sun, violin (NSW)
Tara Minton, jazz harp/voice (VIC)
John Williamson, double bass (GB)
Samantha Furney, dance (NSW)
Sarah Prestwidge, soprano (NSW)
Jeremy Kleeman, baritone (VIC)
It will be a fun-filled evening, with a fond look back at our last 30 years, and also the legacy of my father, Sir Frank Tait and his brothers, whose theatrical entrepreneurship we commemorate through the work of the Tait Trust. They were credited with producing the first feature film in 1906 – about Ned Kelly – and we will share some of this amazing footage on the evening.
There will be drinks and canapés (of course), and a delicious bowl-food supper by Jane Sutherland.
Special guest star Royal Ballet star, Steven McRae
And beloved Tait Patron, internationally acclaimed concert pianist, Piers Lane AO
We promise you a fun filled evening with a fond look back to our past and a glimpse into our future.
On behalf of all of us at the Tait we look forward to seeing you there.
Isla Baring OAM
Chairman, Tait Memorial Trust
Stars of Covent Garden in Recital – March 9th£8.00 – £10.00 Select options
Leslie Howard and Friends – March 16th£8.00 – £10.00 Select options
The Golden Age of Musical Theatre – March 23rd£8.00 – £10.00 Select options
Joseph Tawadros AM – The Art of the Oud – March 2nd£8.00 – £10.00 Select options
Ein schöner Abend with Annabelle Traves – April 27th£8.00 – £10.00 Select options